Basic applied studies take three years, or six semesters. All student activities are graded according to the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), so that each semester carries 30 ECTS points. Upon a successful completion of the studies, the total number of ECTS points obtained is 180. The studies are realized in the form of traditional classroom teaching, in Serbian. This study program belongs to the broader educational field of technical and technological sciences, the field of industrial engineering and engineering management, and the narrower field of management. Upon finishing basic applied studies, the student is awarded the title „Bachelor of Applied Management“, or „BaAppMan“ / „B.A.M“ for short.
According to the National Qualifications Framework in Serbia (NOKS), upon finishing basic applied studies the student reaches level six, sublevel one (level 6.1). To reach this level, the student is first required to have a high school degree and to pass the entrance exam.
Classes and exams
All of the courses at this study program take one semester to finish. Student activities throughout the semester (pre-exam obligations), such as attendance and active participation in class, practical work, mid-term exams, test, papers and homework are all awarded a certain number of points. The ratio between the number of points obtained through the fulfilment of pre-exam obligations and the points obtained at the final exam is established for each individual course separately; the pre-exam obligations can carry a minimum of 30, and a maximum of 70 points. The final exams take place on-site, at the Department, in the appropriate exam terms, which are: January, February, June, July, Spetember and October. By fulfiling the pre-exam obligations and passing the final exam, the student can achieve a maximum of 100 points; for a grade of „6“, 51 points are needed; for „7“, 61 points; for „8“, 71 points; for „9“, 81 points; for „10“, 91 points.
Goals and Outcomes
The basic goal of the Management in the Textile Industry study program is to achieve academic and vocational knowledge, competences and skills oriented towards management in the textile industry.
The goals of the Management in the Textile Industry study program include:
- The development of professional and creative abilities, creative thinking and inventive spirit, the development of teamwork, cooperation and communication skills of the student, i.e. the future Bachelor of Applied Management.
- Mastering specific practical skills needed for their profession.
- Providing sufficient knowledge and skills in the field of management, stimulating through modern teaching methods, practical classes and internshipsthe creativity and the ability to make management decisions and solve problems, as a part of a team or individually, which would all help the graduates to build successful careers in the textile and fashion industries, or to implement their knowledge in starting their own business.
- Influencing the industrial and economic development. In the Republic of Serbia, the textile and apparel industry has a long and rich tradition, which can only be preserved and updated to keep up with global standards if there are educated workers who are competent enough to discern and develop businesses related to products and services in the textile industry. Small, medium-sized and large companies need engineering managers able to fit in the company flow and find the best solutions within the company’s scope of activity. Our Bachelors of Applied Management are equipped with the knowledge they need to work in all types of textile companies and to found and run their own businesses.
- Influencing society on the whole. By employing engineering managers, the quality of the workforce in the textile and apparel industry will improve. Through their work and knowledge obtained through this study program, our Bachelors of Applied Management will influence the development of the textile and apparel industry, its competitive edge, and through that the development of the society on the whole.
The competences of future students
Upon finishing this study program, the student will have gained the following subject-specific abilities:
- thorough knowledge and understanding of management in the textile industry;
- solving concrete challenges and problems that come up in textile companies;
- using modern software packages for tracking processes in the textile industry;
- management, organization and control of business processes, starting with a production plan and up to product realization and its placement on the market;
- applying contemporary marketing and business communicaiton methods, models and techniques;
- assessing market competition and determining the company’s position within it.
Upon graduating from basic applied studies, the students can continue their education at one of the programs of MASTER applied studies offered at the Department.