Master applied studies take two years, or four semesters. All student activities are graded according to the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), so that each semester carries 30 ECTS points. Upon a successful completion of the studies, the total number of ECTS points obtained is 120. The studies are realized in the form of traditional classroom teaching, in Serbian. The Textile Engineering master applied studies belong to the broader educational field of technical and technological sciences, the field of technological engineering. Upon finishing master applied studies, the student is awarded the title „Master of Applied Engineering Technology“, or „MaAppEngTech“ / „M.A.E.T.“ for short.
According to the National Qualifications Framework in Serbia (NOKS), upon finishing master applied studies the student reaches level seven, sublevel one (level 7.1). To reach this level, the student is first required to have level 6.1 (graduated from basic applied studies that carry 180 ECTS). Also, candidates who graduated from basic academic studies in adequate professional fields within the corresponding educational-scientific field (carrying at least 180 ECTS) can also enrol in this master study program, as well as candidates who finished 4-year basic academic studies from a similar field, according to the laws that were in effect prior to the Law on Higher Education(until September 10, 2005).
Candidates who have graduated from accredited higher education institutions abroad are also eligible to enrol in this master study program, under the same conditions as citizens of Serbia, as long as they speak the Serbian language (since it is the language the classes are held in) and if they have previously nostrificated the diploma they obtained from their alma mater in the country of origin. The nostrification must confirm that the academic degree they were awarded equals at least a study program carrying 180 ECTS according to the relevant laws and regulations of the Republic of Serbia, provided that the curriculums of the study program they graduated from correspond to the curriculums of the appropriate Serbian study programs of similar professional fields.
Classes and exams
All of the courses at this study program take one semester to finish. Student activities throughout the semester (pre-exam obligations), such as attendance and active participation in class, practical work, mid-term exams, test, papers and homework are all awarded a certain number of points. The ratio between the number of points obtained through the fulfilment of pre-exam obligations and the points obtained at the final exam is established for each individual course separately; the pre-exam obligations can carry a minimum of 30, and a maximum of 60 points. The final exams take place on-site, at the Department, in the appropriate exam terms, which are: January, February, June, July, Spetember and October. By fulfiling the pre-exam obligations and passing the final exam, the student can achieve a maximum of 100 points; for a grade of „6“, 51 points are needed; for „7“, 61 points; for „8“, 71 points; for „9“, 81 points; for „10“, 91 points.
Goals and Outcomes
- The basic goalofthis study program is to educate masters of applied engineering while focusing on advanced professional knowledge, competences and skills that would allow them to integrate into textile and apparel companies quickly and in the best possible way.
- The development of professional and creative abilities, creative thinking and inventive spirit, the development of teamwork, cooperation and communication skills of the student.
- Mastering specific practical skills needed for their profession, through compulsory and elective courses.
- Obtaining knowledge on modern textile materials, their production, structure, characteristics and use. Obtaining knowledge and skills related to the production and use of high-performance textile materials (protective textile and clothing, industrial textiles, medical textiles, etc.). Improving the knowledge of computer-aided production of textile and clothing. Becoming familiar with the basic categories of protective clothing according to the relevant national and EU regulations.
- Influencing the industrial and economic development. In the Republic of Serbia, the textile and apparel industry has a long and rich tradition, which can only be preserved and updated to keep up with global standards if there are educated workers who are competent enough to discern, keep up with and apply contemporary trends related to the production of textile and clothing. The masters of applied engineering who graduate from this program are precisely equipped with the knowledge necessary for the functioning and development of the textile and apparel industry in new market conditions.
- Influencing society on the whole. By employing masters of applied textile engineering, the quality of the workforce in the textile and apparel industry will improve. Through their work and knowledge obtained through this study program, our Masters of Applied Engineering Technology will influence the development of the textile and apparel industry, its competitive edge, and through that the development of the society on the whole.
The goals and outcomes of this master study program are synchronized with the needs of the industry. Through their work and the knowledge they obtained studying at this program, our Masters of Applied Engineering Technology can influence the development of the local textile industry on the whole, its compliance with global standards and its competitive edge on the European and global market.
The competences of future students
- Mastering methods and techniques applied in the production, distribution and exploitation of textile and clothing.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the textile technology processes.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the technological aspects of apparel production.
- Knowledge of new machinery used for the mass production of textile products.
- The ability to use modern equipment and information systems used in the construction and modeling of garments.
- Competences related to the structure and characteristics of special textile materials and clothing for special purposes.
- The ability to organize and manage the production, preparations and placement of a collection.
- Competences related to the ecological aspects of manufacturing and dispposing of textile and apparel products.
- The ability to solve concrete problems in practice with the goal of finding optimal solutions, applying the best technology variations and organizational methods in the production process.